Re: Game Logic with Flowgraph and setup 3rd Person Character in GameSDK or in new Project?

Yes, the cryengine is configured and generated by Cmake and RM cryengine.cryengine also (see scrshot). Also in VB17 the build is done with profile x64, debugging works too.
But how to open this internal GameSDK project with Sandbox? Dont see a *gamesdk*.cryproject file for entering Sandbox or similar to use Flowgraph then.
Can you help me?

Guthub_Engine Folder
GitHub_Cryengine.png
GitHub_Cryengine-Directory
GitHub_Cryengine.png (36.95 KiB) Viewed 21961 times
running cry_waf.exe file gives an error
cry_waf_exe.png
cry_waf_exe-Error
cry_waf_exe.png (13.69 KiB) Viewed 21961 times

Re: Game Logic with Flowgraph and setup 3rd Person Character in GameSDK or in new Project?

There isn't an internal GameSDK.cryproject inside the full source.

There is a separate GameSDK asset that includes a .cryproject, which is setup as a plugin.

If you compile and build the full source, you'll be presented with the project launcher, where you can select .cryprojects. If you downloaded the GameSDK asset, you can select it there.
You also have the option to create a new project and import GameSDK assets to it, and run that .cryproject from full source, by again, building and selecting it through the project window.

If you compile and build the full source, you'll be presented with the project launcher, where you can select .cryprojects.
Please be more precise in words... thanks ! I cant follow.

When I debug with ordinary C++ Project the sandbox wil open and launch ok.
When I debug with GameSDK plugin the sandbox does start with error:
How about 32 bit and 64bit compatibility with GameSDK?
allbuild_error.png
Error with debugging
allbuild_error.png (5.21 KiB) Viewed 21753 times
Debugging_Sandbox_Properties.png
Sandbox properties
Debugging_Sandbox_Properties.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 21753 times
When managed this issue, is there a possibility to ship the gamesdk as a solution? Because there is no possibility to "Generate Solution" on RM form GameSDK.cryproject...
How to ship from gameSDK as a standalone solution then?

Thanks for reply.

Please be more precise in terms of explanantions accordings to the tutorial standards... !!! I really ask for...
After building solition in VS17 and edit the properties for Sandbox in debgging section, linked GameSDK.cryproject does not open... ERROR.
GameSDKdll_32bit_error.png
VS17 Debugging Error
GameSDKdll_32bit_error.png (6.69 KiB) Viewed 18148 times
This means in english:
Programm
"C:\Users\M\Documents\GitHub\CRYENGINE\bin\win_x64\CryGameSDK.dll" can not be started.
"C:\Users\M\Documents\GitHub\CRYENGINE\bin\win_x64\CryGameSDK.dll" is not a valid Win32-Application

Please help and give some further web links or hints. I want to open GameSDK from Source Code, and then opened in Sandbox...

This is my last try. If you can not guide me through, I will give up with all this outdated stuff. For such a high aimed engine and staff thats all documented very scattered and irritating... Sorry to say...!!! For such a simple layout not having a clear solutions, thats hard.
Last edited by outer-motion.net on Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hello again! Sorry my responses are not tutorial standard, but I am not writing a tutorial :) Just trying to help you out on the forums. If you'd like to see tutorials written for these processes, feel free to join our discord: https://discord.com/invite/cryengine and mention it in our services feedback. If our documentation team is able to provide what you ask for, they will certainly do so.

As for that error message, it would mean you are trying to run the GameSDK.dll like an application. A .dll is not an application, but a dynamically linked library. It is a collection of header and cpp files. I am not sure what you did to get that error, but you shouldn't be trying to run a .dll.

You also keep mentioning that you want to open GameSDK from full source. I've said this before, GameSDK is already available in Full Source. The GameSDK libraries, the class files, are all available inside Full Source. You do not need to do anything special to access them. They are already there. Keep in mind, these GameSDK source files are different than the GameSDK Asset from the Asset Database. The GameSDK Asset is a collection of assets built into a plugin that is run from a source build. There are no source files inside it that are accessible.

Looking back through your error messages, I do see one where it looks like you're trying to build the solution project ALL_BUILD. You want the Sandbox. In your solution explorer inside visual studio, you should see the solution project Sandbox. Right click on that and Set it as the StartUp project. After doing so, when you run the local windows debugger, you should be presented with a project browser window, which lets you select the .cryproject you wish to load into the Sandbox. Here is where you should see and select the GameSDK.cryproject if you have one.

Give that a try and let me know your results.

Hi Cry-Drake,

after hours and hours learning the Engine and try to set up GameAssets in the Sandbox, i'm happy not having given up and you could pick me up with my needs... thanks for that! I will write for a GameSDK walkthrough to beginners in the discords then.

The GameSDK Plugin from source code within Sandbox is running properly now. The trick was setting the StartUp project to the Sandbox and not on CryGameSDK. :arrow:
Startup Sandbox.png
Startup Sandbox.png (18.41 KiB) Viewed 16338 times

So next step is to change the character, cam position and using flowgraph for setting up a game logic and a level in GameSDK within Sandbox. How to ship the build then?

Do I get right that only the GamdSDK from full Source Code can be built and shipped for a standalone solution and only from there you can edit the full Source Code for player, cam e.g. - and not by the packed GameSKD plugin from Marktetplace? If so, how to launch this GameSDK full Source Code in Sandbox there? I need the Sandbox in combination of this full Source Code with GameSDK to change the player, cam... - I assume I can not do this in the GameSDK plugin from Marketplace.

Are there other ways for a standalone solution to ship the GameSDK in the use of Sandbox and editing the Code for character, cam position, ...?

PS. According to the deer project the player.cpp and skeleton aso have to be editet, what I succeeded to do in ordinary projects.
https://www.cryengine.com/tutorials/vie ... cter-in-c#

Hope you can support me as one of your followers. Thank you !

Hi again.

If you want to modify the source files of the player and camera, you can only do that through the source.
If you're trying to take the GameSDK Asset existing controller and camera and modify their values and settings, this is all done through the Lua files inside the Asset paks.

The deer controller you linked does not use the GameSDK asset at all, so nothing above applies to it. Lua has been deprecated and is no longer used in the templates and non GameSDK Asset projects. You'll only use Lua if you're trying to use the GameSDK Assets. The skeleton and animation stuff is the same, but not sure what you're trying to do with it.

Building the GameSDK Asset with the full source engine, is as simple right clicking on the GameSDK.cryproject and setting the engine version to match the github version, then selecting package build.

Unfortunately, I really don't understand exactly what you're trying to do, so I can't comment more on what your steps should be. I understand that you want to modify the player and camera, but I don't understand in what way you intend to do so. You can do so by modifying Lua, going into the source files and creating custom flow nodes or other logic that affects them, or by building your own from scratch.

As I mentioned in my very first response, all of that could have been done without downloading full source.
GameSDK Asset provides many flowgraph nodes to make a game with.
You can change the character in GameSDK through Lua files.
You can generate a build with the GameSDK Asset project.

I don't know why you needed full source, but you seemed invested in having it.
With Full Source you now have the ability to create custom flownodes that can interact with the GameDLL framework and modify those files directly to fit your needs, but it doesn't sound like you need any of that.

I suggest looking into the Flappy Boid tutorials, and learning the engine and GameSDK, going through the Lua files, and figuring it out over time :)